Emergency Animal Care Services
If your pet is injured or experiencing a medical emergency bring them into our Longview clinic! Walk right in or call first if you'd like emergency care advice. Our highly trained staff is prepared to give instruction until you arrive with your pet. Since we provide triage care for our most urgent patients, pets in need of emergency care will be treated immediately by a doctor to reduce pain and stabilize their condition.
After-Hours Emergency Care Clinic
Taylor Veterinary Clinic provides emergency pet treatment during its regular business hours 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturdays starting January 6, 2017. If you are in need of emergency services for your pet outside of these hours please contact:
East Texas Pet Emergency Clinic
812 Gilmer Road
Longview, TX 75604
(P) (903) 759-8545
Signs of an Emergency
If you are unsure if your pet is having an emergency, please call us at 903-759-7611. Contact East Texas Pet Emergency Clinic if you have questions outside our regular business hours. While it's not always easy to tell if your pet is having an emergency, definitive signs include:
- You cannot feel your pet's heartbeat.
- They're currently having or recently had a seizure.
- They've been vomiting for 12 hours or more.
- Your pet has had diarrhea for 24 hours or more.
- You suspect your pet has suffered a severe injury.
- Your pet is having difficulty breathing.
- Their abdomen is swollen or hard to the touch.
- They're having trouble urinating or are unable to.
- There is blood in your pet’s vomit, stool, or urine.
- Your pet ingested something they should not have.
If your pet has ingested a household substance, plant, or food you fear is dangerous, contact the Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) emergency line at 888-426-4435 or visit www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control to find out if you should seek emergency treatment.
Unbelievable group of people here. They have cared for all our fur babies over many years. Cannot say enough about them. They are extended family to me!